Contact us at
COMFORT CARE & SUPPORT
Hospice is about living with relief from pain. In hospice, your choices guide the care we provide. Hospice care affirms quality of life and our goal is to prevent and relieve pain and provide emotional and spiritual support to patients and their loved ones.
Hospice care is provided wherever a patient calls home. We help families and caregivers prepare for end-of-life challenges and find creative ways to share in life review and legacy projects so that our patient’s wisdom can be treasured for future generations.
The Hospice Team Concept
Your goal is our goal. Care is managed by a patient’s personal physician working alongside our hospice team consisting of:
- Hospice Medical Director a board certified hospice physician
- Registered Nurses monitor pain, manage symptoms and guide patient’s plan of care
- Social Workers support patients and families cope with stresses of terminal illness and make connections with community resources
- Spiritual Counselors provide emotional support and counseling
- Bereavement Services offer guidance and education concerning anticipatory grief to families throughout terminal illness and bereavement services after death
- Hospice Aides provide personal patient care and companionship
- Hospice Volunteers available to assist with variety of patient and family support activities
When is the right time to call?
Hospice is available for patients when a terminal condition is diagnosed and the prognosis for passing is within 6 months. If the decision is made to forgo life-extending measures in favor of comfort care hospice may be appropriate.
The right time to call hospice may be when:
- Patient is suffering from an advanced, progressing illness or unintended, continuing weight loss
- Patient has made the decision to stop aggressive treatments as they have not proved effective or are too debilitating
- Patient wishes to stop recurrent hospitalizations and spend remaining time in home environment
Grief can affect family and friends for a long time and in many different ways. We provide support and counseling to family members and friends for at least one year following the death of a loved one. Services include individual and family counseling, grief education, and support groups.
ARRANGE FOR SERVICES
If you are interested in learning more about how our hospice team can serve you and your family, please contact us directly:
609-883-6026 | email@example.com