What You Get
Our goal is to make your volunteer experience a valuable one while benefiting the residents of Greenwood House. By volunteering, people can make good use of their unique gifts and talents.
Whether you have a few hours a week or one hour a month, there is a volunteer opportunity for you at Greenwood House. And if you are a college student interested in gaining practical experience in aging services or a teenager who needs to fulfill a community service requirement for school, we can work together to make your experience at Greenwood House rewarding and educational.
There are many volunteer opportunities to choose from, including:
- Exercise activities
- Recreational games
- Cognitive activities such as discussion groups, trivia and reminiscing
- Assist with parties and decoration, transporting for entertainment, assisting with food serving during special events
- Word games
- Food activities, such as baking and decorating cookies and muffins
- Sharing hobbies
- Local trips
- Card and board games / individual activities
- Painting, collages, arts and crafts
- Religious services
We will provide a tour and orientation for you and volunteer placement will be made based on interests and availability.