A Tradition of Comfort & Support
With Greenwood Hospice, our emphasis is not on cure ... it is on care. Established in memory of Renee Denmark Punia, Greenwood Hospice has a long tradition of providing compassionate care, comfort, and support as well as expertise in pain and symptom management. Our goal is to enable patients to remain engaged and to participate in the activities they enjoy for as long as possible.
We help families meet the challenges of end-of-life issues by providing support to both patients and their loved ones so they can concentrate on time spent together.
The Hospice Team Concept
Our team of professionals works to provide individualized care for both patients and their families.
Care is managed by the patient’s personal physician, along with additional team members, who are offered as a support system to the patient’s primary caregiver. We will be there to help you with any issues, big or small. Our hospice team includes:
- Nurses to monitor pain, manage symptoms and guide caregivers in providing care for the patient
- Social Workers to help patients and families cope with the stresses of the terminal illness and connect them with community resources.
- Trained Volunteers to assist with a variety of patient and family support activities
- Spiritual Care Coordinators to provide emotional support and counseling
- Home Health Aides to provide personal patient care.
Grief can affect family and friends for a long time and in many different ways. We provide support and counseling to family members and friends for at least one year following the death of a loved one. Services include individual and family counseling, grief education, and support groups.
ARRANGE FOR SERVICES
If you are interested in learning more about or arranging for Greenwood House Hospice services, please contact us directly:
609-883-6026 | Infohospice@greenwoodhouse.org