At Greenwood House, we aim to provide dedicated care and services to seniors and treat those we serve with compassion and dignity. Simply put, we are changing the lives of seniors and their families through our various services, person-centered care, community amenities and life-enriching programming.
Who Are We?
Greenwood House opened its doors in 1939, and since then we’ve made a promise to care for seniors, their health and so much more. Our tradition of care, comfort and support is what defines us, and we are proud to provide care for today and tomorrow. In fact, as seniors’ needs and desires have changed, so have ours. We have deep roots as a Jewish nursing home and are now one of the most highly respected nonsectarian senior health care continuum providers, meeting everyone’s needs and supporting all. Here, seniors can rest assured that we will continue to meet their needs today, tomorrow and in the future.
What Is Our Mission?
It’s our mission to provide the highest quality of care and services to seniors and anyone we serve with compassion and dignity, based on Jewish traditions and values. We support residents’ quality of life through our opportunities for social, emotional and spiritual engagement.
How We’re Changing the Lives of Seniors
“At Greenwood House, we provide service with compassion and a person-centered approach to care that greatly enhances our resident’s experiences and lives,” says Donna Sobel, Director of Business Development at Greenwood House, a not-for-profit, mission based senior living community located in Ewing, New Jersey. “Our services focus on wellness, social, emotional and spiritual well-being to create a lifestyle unlike any other. Our residents experience quality care in an atmosphere that promotes not only dignity and empathy, but compassion and hope, rooted in traditional Jewish values.
“Each day we strive to ensure our residents are enjoying the lifestyle they deserve through our continuum of care, and we are committed to providing everything they need to give them and their families complete peace of mind and security.”
What Do We Offer?
Our services include:
- Skilled Nursing. Skilled nursing residents are the very heart of our community, and we consider those in The Robert and Natalie Marcus Home for the Jewish Aged part of our family. Each day, our residents experience care, comfort and support through our 24-hour skilled/subacute nursing care, assistance with daily activities, social and recreational services and so much more.
- Assisted Living. The Abrams Residence offers boutique assisted living with assistance, support and care on site. Residents can enjoy a variety of one- and two-bedroom apartments, the peace of mind of 24-hour support and security and an engaging lifestyle they’ll love.
- Rehabilitation. For residents who want to regain strength, mobility and independence, we offer rehab services including physical, occupational and speech therapies five to six days a week in our therapy gym. We also provide maintenance therapy, restorative range-of-motion programs and short-term rehabilitation. Here, you can expect personalized attention and care, shorter length of stays, lower hospital readmissions and high satisfaction.
Greenwood House has also earned a 5-Star Quality Rating, meaning we’ve excelled in health-inspection results, adequacy of nursing staff and overall quality of medical care.
- Homecare. With Greenwood House at Home, recognized by the generosity of Shirley & Harold Silverman, residents can enjoy independence in the place they most want to be - in their own home, as long as possible. We can help provide care, companionship and light housekeeping to make remaining at home easier.
- Hospice Care. Greenwood Hospice, established in memory of Renee Denmark Punia, offers nurses to monitor pain, manage symptoms and guide caregivers in caring for the patient. Social workers are provided to help families and loved ones cope; emotional support is provided by Spiritual Care Coordinators and Home Health Aides provide personal patient care.
To learn more about Greenwood House, how we can benefit the lives of loved ones and provide you with peace of mind, give us a call today at (609) 358-0425.
You’ll Love the Way We Care
Offering an array of services including skilled nursing, assisted living, rehabilitation, homecare and hospice care, Greenwood House offers care with a higher purpose. As a not-for-profit, mission-based community, we hold ourselves to a higher standard.
When we opened our doors in 1939, we made a promise to care for seniors, and as their needs evolve and change, so do ours. We take pride in meeting various needs and desires, and providing a lifestyle that enriches lives, increases peace of mind and ensures care for today and tomorrow.
For more information or to schedule a tour, contact our team today at (609) 358-0425.