Our volunteers are very special people. They bring joy, cheer and varied interests and life experiences into our home and into the lives of our residents and patients. They can be found visiting with residents, entertaining, running exercise groups, leading discussion groups, helping with cooking demonstrations, and more. Volunteers contribute to the quality of life at Greenwood House and help make it the vibrant and warm home it is.
What You Get
Our goal is to make your volunteer experience a valuable one while benefiting the residents of Greenwood House. By volunteering, people can make good use of their unique gifts and talents.
Whether you have a few hours a week or one hour a month, there is a volunteer opportunity for you at Greenwood House. And if you are a college student interested in gaining practical experience in aging services or a teenager who needs to fulfill a community service requirement for school, we can work together to make your experience at Greenwood House rewarding and educational.
There are many volunteer opportunities to choose from, including:
- Visiting with residents
- Writing and reading letters
- Helping with arts and crafts, exercise, and dance programs, card games and bingo
- Leading discussion groups or helping with cooking groups
- Helping arrange programs for holiday, birthday and other celebrations
- Playing musical instruments or entertaining
- Sharing hobbies
- Delivering Kosher Meals on Wheels
We will provide a tour and orientation for you and volunteer placement will be made based on interests and availability.